Baltic Second-Hand. As good as new:
Enhancing the behavioral and business change of the second-hand textile industry in the Central Baltic region. Baltic2Hand project improves textile reuse and reduces textile waste in the second-hand market from 1.4.2023 until 30.3.2026.
In the Baltic Second-Hand project, organizations in the fashion and textile industry in Estonia, Finland, Latvia, and Sweden develop their business models towards sustainability and circular economy. Using a service design process, the project maps and designs new opportunities in re-using textiles and in reducing textile waste. The project tests and pilots potential solutions and promotes consumer use of secondhand textiles.
The co-creative service design process with the target organizations and consumers will:
- improve textile reuse
- reduce textile waste
- provide background research on the second-hand market in the Baltic region
- generate new ideas towards more sustainable secondhand market
- develop improved or new circular business models and services
- develop open access educational materials
Baltic2Hand is funded by an Interreg Central Baltic Programme 2021-2027 project that is co-funded by the European Union.
Interested in joining our project?
What you will gain by participating in our project:
- Expert knowledge & coaching on circular business models
- Insights into consumer behavior & market trends
- Innovation and new ideas for growth
- Potential partners, networking, & sharing best practices
- New and improved sustainable business models/services
- Preparation for future EU law and market regulation
What will happen in practice:
- Business design jams and workshops – ideation of new solutions
- Workshops for prototyping & testing and piloting solutions
- Support for solution piloting
All events are free of charge